Monday, May 2, 2011

What the Little People Are Up To

Braden and Keri have been keeping me busy! I feel so lucky that they have both been pretty understanding of my needing to rest or take it easy. They have been a huge help getting ready for the baby and it will be fun to finally have their little brother here since it has been a subject of daily conversation for so long now. I think we are all excited for a new baby for many different reasons:
  • Keri and Braden are excited to hold him + take a field trip to the hospital + see their aunt/grandmas/ grandpa
  • I am excited to hold him + have room on my lap to read stories to little people + be able to hold my snuggly toddler as much as she demands + stop living in the bathroom + did I mention hold him and smell his freshly shampooed little head?
  • Tom is excited to hold him + have his wife back (the one who cooks real meals and whines less)
And the countdown is on...my due date is May 10. I think I would be absolutely shocked if this baby comes early knowing my track record, but at least we are in the final stretch.

Anyway, I am not a huge fan of posting unflattering pictures of myself, but I figure you all deserve at least one picture of me fully pregnant. So here you go, you're welcome.

Since spring was a little bit tardy this year, we have been seriously racking our brains to stay entertained here at home. After being inconsistent for the past two years, we have finally become regular story time-goers! The kids' favorite part is that they each get to pick one DVD after story time to check out. The little boy pictured here spends an exhausting amount of time selecting just the right one...

We also do our fair share of cooking. The counter is getting crowded these days and the "help" is sometimes a little bit rowdy, but they mean well. As much as it would be easier to cook solo, I know that they are learning and having fun and some of my fondest memories are of cooking with my mom...which I'm sure required some sacrifices on her part. So I've decided to just get used to having little helpers!

Other than that, we have been cleaning and organizing the house and heading to the park if the sun is shining and it is 60 degrees or warmer outside! Luckily spring seems to have arrived now.

2 comments:

Michele said...

May 10th is right around the corner girlfriend...and your newest sweet baby boy will be here...how exciting. You look amazing...not the pregnant amazing...the any state "amazing". I will pray for a easy delivery and good health. Love you guys!

Cherie said...

Unflattering? I think not. :) You look amazing! I think I looked like that at about 5 months, maybe 4. I am so excited for you to have your new baby boy. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see pictures! :)