Friday, February 26, 2010

Tom Takes Trophy for Good Looks


You might recognize one of these people as my husband. Thankfully (no offense to this person intended), it is not the one on the RIGHT front row (the one wearing tan underwear/shorts...not sure which).

The Moustachio Bashio took place yesterday at the dental school during their lunch hour. From what I understand, the contestants must grow a moustache and then they have a contest to see who has grown the best/most creative/creepiest moustache. They all pay an entry fee which ends up being donated to charities. Judging by this picture, it is pretty clear who took the "Creepiest Moustache" award.

Tom won 2nd place or "Most Creative". His moustache actually has two gaps in it at either side of his lip that he filled in with some patches of fake fur we bought at the craft store. The patches are connected with a wire and it is called a "Fixed Partial Moustache" (kind of like a fixed partial denture, it's a little dental humor in case you are confused). As part of his presentation, he also took an impression of his entire face and diagrammed it to show where the fixed partial moustache goes...sorry if that doesn't make sense, my dentistry knowledge is pretty limited.

Here is a picture of Tom and the Tom-made-out-of-stone:


So you might be asking yourself what the contestants get if they win. I was asking myself this same question yesterday while I was chipping stone out of my kitchen sink that was left over from the day before when Tom was taking an impression of his face in our kitchen. Well, along with the warm and joyful feeling you get for donating your entry fee to charity, if you win you also receive 100 Crest Teeth Whitening strips and a new electric toothbrush (we have received several of those by now but they do go for a nice price on eBay). And a little trophy with a moustache on it.


Not a bad trade for a husband with a freshly-shaven face, if you ask me. Now I just need to go polish that trophy and put it on the mantle...

3 comments:

BusyMama said...

Super hot! Totally worth it for the trophy, right?

Thompson Family said...

Based on your last 2 posts I see how hard Tom is working in dental school.. haha. JK, that is good that they can have some fun in the middle of it all!

Pitcherpost said...

ok, that is so dang funny! All of it. Especially the partial fixed mustache thing. You and tom are hilarious, I'm sad we didn't have more time to hang out with you funny folks before we moved! I'll have to show zach this post when he gets home, I think he'll appreciate it, esp the reno cop look alike!