Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Post-Holiday Decor

  • Does someone you know still have a Christmas wreath hanging on their front door?
  • Do your neighbors still have tacky larger-than-life Christmas figurines displayed on their front lawn?
  • Do residents of your town keep their Christmas lights up year-round to save time and energy?
  • Does your two year-old still point out the snowmen, Santa Claus', and Christmas trees when you drive anywhere?
  • Does your town's main street still have Christmas wreaths hanging from its lamp posts?


If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you may be affected by Post-Holiday Decor Violations.

[End of survey.]


I love Christmas. Really love Christmas. But it was actually LAST month. Actually, it was LAST YEAR (don't you love saying that, it makes it so dramatic).

We have had at least 3 major holidays since then...New Year's Day, Elvis' birthday, and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. And Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. I see red and pink hearts overtaking stores and ads but I am still surrounded by Christmas decorations. Can anyone explain this to me?

Now we did have two weeks of below-freezing temperatures to start the year off. But it warmed up to over 40 degrees last weekend and THE SNOWMEN AND SANTAS ARE STILL THERE.

Please just know that if I ever run for public office, cracking down on Post-Holiday Decor Violations will be one of my major platforms.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I agree, it is kind of a diss on Valentines. That is a great holiday too!