Oh, Christmas. How I am missing my Christmas tree right now on this cold and snowy day. It is back in my attic with all of the other Christmas decorations (except for my Christmas tree skirt that keeps tapping me on the shoulder and asking me to finish it this year).
Anyway, we had a lovely Christmas this year on our own. We spent Christmas Eve making Tom's raspberry fudge (really, he makes it...fudge is one thing I have never succeeded at. Some of you might be wondering, "Have you tried the Marshmallow Creme No-Fail Fudge?" Yes. It failed.) We also mass-produced peanut brittle, snickerdoodles, and this recipe. We ate just enough to satisfy our sweet tooth and then calculated that we had to find 14 friends and neighbors to give them to - QUICK - in order to get them out of our house and off our hips.
Here are the goods, prior to delivery.
Here are the goods, prior to delivery.
After a few hours of delivering and visiting with our friends and neighbors, we came home and made sub sandwiches. I know, it sounds a little bit everyday for a Christmas Eve meal. Tom's family always had tacos on Christmas Eve because that's what his parents had on their first date. Well, we had subs on our first date. I'm not sure if we will do the same thing next year, but this was the year of experimental traditions! It did work out pretty well because our other project took up most of the day.
Christmas morning definitely was more exciting this year since Braden had been exposed to a little Santa education. Our goals in the Santa curriculum for this year were:
Christmas morning definitely was more exciting this year since Braden had been exposed to a little Santa education. Our goals in the Santa curriculum for this year were:
- Identify Santa Claus in picture form.
- Differentiate between Christmas gifts and postal packages.
Opening presents took several hours since we had to not only open each present but actually take it out of the packaging and play with each item for a good half hour. I make it sound tedious but we had nothing else on the agenda until later in the day so it was nice to take our time. And it felt like each gift was thoroughly appreciated!
Keri was in wrapping paper heaven...sometimes I catch her smiling when she is asleep and now I know that it is wrapping paper she is dreaming about.
Keri was in wrapping paper heaven...sometimes I catch her smiling when she is asleep and now I know that it is wrapping paper she is dreaming about.
2 comments:
Keri is the most beautiful little girl I have EVER seen! Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas. As much as I missed my fam on Christmas, I love staying home and having it be just us :)
Those goodies were amazing! They no doubt added to the 4 pounds I gained in less than 2 weeks. Now if you could just bring something that would help me lose weight... :)
Post a Comment