A couple of things have happened around our house that still have me chuckling to myself. There is a pretty good chance these things are not actually funny but that I just need to get more sleep.
So Keri has started eating solids. We started with rice cereal, then oatmeal, then sweet potatoes. Yes, things were progressing nicely. We have all been excited to see her trying new things. Especially Braden. In fact, a few days ago he fed Keri some quesadilla.
I had just put his lunch in front of him and I went in the kitchen for a minute and I overhear him saying, "Tastes yummy, the 'case-DEE-a'? Tastes yummy, baby?" By this time I was back in the room and my eyes immediately move to look at Keri who is laying on the floor rolling a big wad of mushy tortilla and cheese around in her mouth with her tongue. I scooped it out of her mouth and she started crying! She was actually upset that I took the yummy choking hazard away. I couldn't stop laughing. It's not even that funny. Maybe it was so funny to me because I still remember when we started feeding Braden solids and after every new food, I was practically holding my breath, just waiting for him to break out in hives. As if pureed carrots were dangerous or something. Oldest children live in such controlled environments...thanks to her brother, Keri has tried 'cockamolee' (guacamole), ice cream, and who knows what else. And she loves them all a lot more than rice cereal.
The next bit of hilarity comes from Braden learning how to sing. I'd never really thought about how one learns to sing until recently. He's trying to memorize words to the songs we sing to him and he will ask us to sing certain songs over and over and then try to "sing" a certain word he remembers at the same time we sing it. It's very cute. Anyway, sometimes if I am sneaky, I can catch him singing to himself and I can't help but smile. My favorite song he sings to himself is "I Love to See the Temple". His version of the words is my favorite (the words in caps are shouted loudly):
Love, see the temple
'Goin there SUNDAY
[unintelligible] "wisten"...pray
Temple is house-a-God
"Pwace" of love and tooties
A pear myself, yum-yum
IS my secret DUTY.
I hope he won't be disappointed to find out that the temple is actually closed on Sundays. And I don't know about the "tooties" part.
Oh dear.
Well, there are lots of other things around here to keep me amused, but I'll spare you. We did manage to get a little video of Braden playing with Keri. They absolutely adore each other. He loves to help her get her toys and is constantly trying to make her giggle at him. He gets gleefully happy if he succeeds. Sometimes they sit on the floor laughing back and forth for quite awhile. I probably should go get something done while they are entertaining each other but I usually can't help but watch them and smile myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This made me smile, so it's not just you and your sleep deprivation. :)
Did Keri puke while Braden was blowing on her belly? Seriously I laughed at the puke...it was the funniest thing ever...but I am sleep deprived.
Yes, she puked. I guess I am so used to being spit up on that I didn't notice!
Post a Comment