Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Braden

I realized it has been awhile since I wrote about Braden's comings and goings. He is so creative and fun right now. He spends all day imagining he is one thing or another and is still completely excited about the smallest things...from finding a coin on the ground to going to the gas station to fill the car up with gas. He is also very helpful around the house and with Keri, which is just lovely. He is not without his own drama from time to time but it is generally when we or he is overtired and therefore not quite ourselves.

Here is his first snowman...he was sad to see him melt away but is very excited for the next significant snow so he and Daddy can build one again.



And he is in Primary (the children's program at our church) now! Last week was his first week and he loved it. He was excited to get some new ties for Christmas, I've been meaning to get him some for awhile now and finally got around to it!


Here he is pretending to be in a marching band. He even found the basket and my measuring tape (albeit from my sewing room) all by himself. I love that he has such an imagination. Sometimes he makes me laugh with the things he comes up with.

Braden is really excited to be a big brother again. He asks me all the time when the baby is coming. And if I ever look tired, he always asks if it is my baby that is making me sick (he must remember the three month stretch when I was sick all the time and he was in movie heaven). It is wonderful to see him so independent now though and able to dress himself and go to the bathroom on his own and even get his own snacks and drinks a lot of the time. He is so inquisitive and wants to understand everything going on, which sometimes makes for repeated questions and constant explanations from me. But I love that he wants to learn.
I feel lucky to have two such wonderful children. They are similar but also very different and it is definitely testimony to the fact that we each come here with our own spirits and personalities. Parenting and circumstances definitely play a role in how children turn out but there are some things that are just a part of who we are and it has been really interesting to see how even from birth some characteristics are just there and you just have this sense of what each little child is like. It makes me excited to meet the next one!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

NJ said...

I agree that you have two adorable kids!! We're excited to meet the next one too!