Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Third Confirmation: I Don't Have Maternal Intuition

Every time - every time - we go for the epic ultrasound to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl, I am sure that I know.

And every time I am completely wrong.

This time I started off thinking boy but converted to the girl side a month or two ago. Even Tom, who always guesses right, was thinking it was a girl.

But it's a boy!

We didn't really have a preference, so we are totally delighted to be having another boy and would have felt the same if it was a girl. But I am kind of glad that Braden will have a brother sort of close to him in age and I am also excited to switch gears back to a baby boy. Also, as cute as all those baby headbands and girl accessories are, they are hard to keep track of! But regardless, we are just relieved to see that the baby looks healthy.

Anyway, our camera is having issues and Tom just finished finals, so hopefully I'll get caught up on posting about other things we have been up to lately. But for now, at least you know we are having a boy (if you didn't already). I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas in case I don't post before then!


5 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats. So happy for you.

Richins Family said...

UMMMM HELLO! THANKS FOR TELLING ME!jk congrats i'm so excited!

Adam and Jess said...

That's awesome. If it makes you feel better, I've been wrong 2/2. I thought Gage was a girl and since Pax's pregnancy was so different I thought he was a girl. Oh well. Have a great Christmas. Are you staying here? I thought I heard that.

Cherie said...

Hooray!! Congratulations. That is so exciting! I've always been wrong about what mind will be also. I'm beginning to think the whole "mother's intuition" thing is a sham and those people just have good guessing skills :) I can't wait to see how handsome this little boy is going to be (just like his big brother)! Hope you're doing well and feeling great :) Merry Christmas!

Radene said...

Congratulations!!