I've already finished reading No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and I've already watched eight episodes of Rubicon. And if I continue working feverishly (more on feverish later) then I will also have finished the entire series of Anne of Green Gables movies and The Telling, the newest Beverly Lewis novel.
Yes, I've been productive to say the least.
I'm such a whiner. I only get sick like this once or twice a year at most and it is way too early to not be able to breathe and to be aching all over. Aren't such delightful symptoms reserved for the dead of winter? Yet ever since Friday I have been stuffed up and feverish and feeling icky icky icky.
I do have good things to say about The Nanny though. He arrived on Friday afternoon (he was even two hours early) and has been staying on top of the dishes, entertaining my children all weekend, and even went grocery shopping. The term productive is an understatement of his accomplishments. But he's leaving tomorrow (he's in dental school, you know) and there won't be a New Nanny coming in his place.
Productivity is a funny thing. While I am busy doing my usual mommy thing, I usually feel productive as a mother, but am often wishing I could steal a few minutes to be productive with my latest sewing project or read a novel or even just sit and listen to nothing but my own breathing. I love this usual mommy thing, but I still long for a few uninterrupted minutes. So I find it rather odd that while I've been lying flat on my back all weekend, I was mostly wishing I could stand without getting all woozy so that I could clean my bathroom or help get the kids breakfast or go play at the park with the rest of the family. It's funny how you always think you want what you don't currently have, isn't it?
Anyway, I had better get going. Anne and Gilbert Blythe just made up and decided to be friends [If you don't know what I am talking about then we are probably not kindred spirits...but we can still be friends.] I hope everybody else has had a productive weekend!
3 comments:
Those movies are a college favorite. Feel better soon. When are you coming to visit?
I should have known that's why we hit it off so well. I indeed believe we are kindred spirits :) i'm sorry you're so sick.. guess what? The bug hit me too..again...that's twice in 3 weeks (not that i'm bragging..just sayin) anyway i hope you feel better soon! i miss you and now it probably won't be a few weeks until we get to hang again..oh wait!! MAINE :) HOORAY!
Bosom buddies are we!!!! I made your rolls again tonight...went half and half with whole wheat and white flour...YUMMY! Sorry I am not there to bring you some soup but I have a room with your name on it in AZ you and the kids can come and escape the winter blues. Miss you and feel better...oh and have you read the Fablehaven series...love it!
Post a Comment