Tuesday, August 24, 2010

True Blue, Through and Through

As we all know, vacation posts are, in a word, tedious. I don't want to write one. You may or may not want to read one. But despite coming back from said vacation one month ago, this nagging little feeling is somehow keeping me from moving on with my blogging life until I at least mention that we went on vacation.

We went on vacation.

Okay, perhaps a few more words could be said on the subject. In the interest of holding your interest, I'm going to tell you all about our 3-week-long trek across the country in this little car in 200 words or less.


Did I say little? Yes, little. But this little {rusted} blue car did carry us across the states without complaining. So for that, I thank her. But do you see the abandoned house in the background of this picture? Well, sometimes I'd like to abandon this car. Okay, so 200 words...here you go.

Packed car full, drove to Kansas. Stayed here...non-smoking room + cigarette burns in sheets=$20 refund on room.


Saw Kansas Drapers. swam and played with cousins...very fun.


4 days later, traveled to Colorado Springs. Bonded with grandparents...


Played with toys and cousins...



Went to Denver Temple for sealing...




Had an early birthday party for Braden (yes, two cakes).


And finally warmed up to uncles...


Packed car again. Drove to Rexburg. On the way, HAD to stop and see this tree growing out of a rock {sarcasm}...



Braden and I rode our first horses...





Had another birthday party for this lucky boy...


Scored candy at Ashton 4th of July parade...


And enjoyed these two people (and many other cousins, aunts, and uncles)...


And then we packed the car again, and drove the way we came, stopping one night at each place on the way home. During this four days, the children did NOT do enough of this...


And things took a turn for the worse about 20 minutes after this picture was taken...


In the form of food poisoning. Tom and Keri threw up all night long and we still had a day's drive to get home. But we did.

And that is what we did on our summer vacation.

5 comments:

The VanSickles said...

Tom! I can't get over how MUCH Braden looks like you!!! Super jealous, all of my kids look like Brian...

BusyMama said...

I'm impressed...you managed to keep my attention AND you recapped the most amazing, awe-inspiring journey in less than 200 words.

BusyMama said...

p.s. I have yet to see evidence that you're not the most photogenic person I know.

Cherie said...

I second Kaylene :) You're pictures are amazing and I forget what pretty big blue eyes all of you guys have! I love them :) I'm glad you had a great trip and I'm so happy for Lozzy!

Sarah said...

Hey! We miss you guys too. So far, we have stayed below the radar at church...although I was asked to sub in primary last week. The kids are great and I'm starting home projects w/ a vengance now they are in school. Save your money and come to DISNEY. Free place to stay. Tell pacman hi from the kids, and Tom, hi from Ben. Sounds like your roadtrip went well.