Thursday, April 1, 2010

The New Mildew Solution

So, I made this

to solve the bath-toys-all-over-the-bathtub-and-getting-mildewy problem we were having. I used this tutorial.

And it took like ten minutes...my favorite kind of project these days. I still smile every time I walk by the bathroom and see it...not because it is anything special, but because I feel so good knowing that my kids aren't chewing on disgusting toys (oh, and I do run them through the dishwasher every so often, so I am not a totally unfit mother).

My other problem is the I-hate-cleaning-the-bathroom-so-I-don't-until-it-becomes-a-biohazard problem. I don't know why I do this (or rather, don't do this). It doesn't take that long. But I still put it off. I even think, when I have just finished cleaning it, "Wow, that wasn't so bad, I should really do that more often."

But I don't.

Anyway, one of the problems has been solved, so we're making progress.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Cute. I'm needing to do one of those!

Pitcherpost said...

We just got one of those for our bath, except I was lazy and bought one! I need to check out some of those parenting books you were talking about, I definitely need guidance!

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing! What a novel idea.