Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Munchkin


I noticed the other day that I keep calling Keri "my munchkin". I'm not sure I even know what this word really means. Well, other than at Dunkin Donuts (really the only donuts I consider worth all the calories) - where munchkins are what they call their donut holes. Ahhh, Dunkin Donuts. I can still remember when I was a kid and my mom would go through the drive-thru with the minivan and order a couple dozen munchkins after taking a poll to find out which kind we all wanted. Yum. Leave it to me to find the food connection.

Back to munchkin. As far as I can tell, it's made up of two root words: munch (to eat) and kin (someone related to you). Hmmm...to eat someone related to you. The other day I did hear myself say (in my high-pitched goo-goo-ga-ga voice), "You are so cute I could gobble you up!" What is wrong with me anyway?

Maybe it's just her squishy cuteness getting to me. There is just something about babies that is oh-so-edible.

So now, a couple of pictures of The Munchkin lately.

First, a bath picture. I swore I'd never be the type of parent that would take bath pictures, so oops. I've seen worse though (like the one in my scrapbook where I am two years old and standing in a bucket completely naked). Anyway, the other night Braden was taking a bath and I decided to rinse Keri off while he was in there. Braden thought it was pretty great that they got to "go simmin" together.


And here is Keri picking her head up for the first time.


And now, a message from Munchkin herself:



Don't you just love it when their little legs get going like that? It always makes me wonder if she thinks she is furiously riding a bike somewhere.

9 comments:

stacey said...

your kids are so darling. I can't believe how much hair Keri has!

Richins Family said...

i love her!

Benjamin Draper said...

Munchkins are also residents of "Munchkinland" in The Wizard of Oz. Munchkins are very short people - but I don't think they were cannibals. I suppose I could read more of the books and know for sure, since you seem obsessed with eating my niece!

Amy said...

I'm in love with her....it's the hair....I can't help myself.

Cherie said...

OH what a precious little munchkin :) I loved the video! She's absolutely darling!

Kimi said...

If my baby is anywhere as cute as she is, then we're in luck! She is adorable!

Tyson and Rachelle said...

I kind of miss those days...or do I?? She is so adorable! Love all her beautiful hair!

Pitcherpost said...

She's adorable. Is she a lot like Braden was?

And I'm so mad you didn't fill us in on the Amish place before we left! ok, maybe you didn't know about it yet....If I ever make it back to Pittsburgh, we're going there!

Sketchy said...

She is so adorable! Is there a version of parents who don't take bath pictures? I had no idea. They're so cute and rolly, who can resist?