Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mobiles and Other Infant Entertainment

Before Grant was born I made a simple wooden toy bar and a whole bunch of attachments and mobiles to go on it. It has been so useful! I wanted something simple that I could use for awhile, and not just for a month or two. I used this tutorial for the toy bar and then just sort of figured out how to make the mobiles and other stuff up as I went along. By the way, I didn't come up with the names, they are Montessori.

Here is one of the first ones I made (called the Gobbi mobile...it's 5 felted wool balls in graded colors that hang from a bar):


And here is Grant's favorite so far (called "The Dancers" because the hologram people move when the fan is on and look like they are dancing):



Then I made an attachment that has a hanging wooden ring and there is elastic on the attachment so they can pull on it and use it as a teething ring):


I also made another attachment that has a fabric ball attached that he can swat at and stuff...he squeals every time he hits or kicks it and it is hilarious :) [Sorry there is no picture.]

And lastly, I decided to make him a mini art gallery on our wall of black and white prints (using dollar store frames...gotta love those!). Since babies love black and white for the first while I decided he should have something fun to look at. I got the free images here. It's kind of funny seeing a baby mesmerized by a picture!


No comments: