Saturday, February 19, 2011

Well Hello There

It's been about a month so I should probably blog something, right? Life has been pretty decent with a touch of ugliness sprinkled in this two weeks or so. But all around we are doing well.

I had a productive month of January. I don't know if it was New Years' resolutions in the air or some early nesting craze but I felt like organizing and conquering to-do lists for like three weeks straight. That urge has left me now...either because I completely exhausted myself or because it was just a passing phase. Not sure.

I started the month off by going through my sewing corner (the half of the office Tom and I share that looks like someone had a fabric fight in it...the other half looks like a dental student paper storm, by the way). I decided I was sick of looking at projects I should have finished a year ago or projects where I never got beyond the-gathering-of-supplies stage. So I just started diving in...I'll post some pictures soon (no really, I will).

I also felt the need to reorganize my kitchen. There was a growing list of things that were bugging me daily, so I decided to fix the problems. They weren't big problems, just things like always running out of kids' dishes/cups/silverware or never having the right measuring cup or spoon every time I cook. So after a trip to Ikea and Target and some reorganizing and cleaning, the problems are solved and I am amazed I put off solving them this long! Seriously, it is amazing how you just make do with something even though the solution is often very easy and inexpensive.

The last major effort was to hit the winter clearance sales to stock up for the kids next year. I hit it just right this year, good prices but still a good selection. Last year I was off by a couple weeks so we had to buy some stuff this winter for the kids. In case you like to do the same thing, the deals are still good right now around here! It is kind of nice knowing that I don't have to worry about their clothing situation for awhile. Errands with two kids are complicated, so three is not going to be any easier.

So if it sounds like I have been crazy busy, just know that I'm not sure what possessed me for a few weeks there either. The last two weeks have been drastically different, mostly because I have been really dizzy and am having some problems with my eyes. Apparently your vision can get worse when you are pregnant, and over the course of the last two weeks or so, my glasses no longer correct my vision. So I went to the eye doctor this week. I guess my left eye has changed a lot and my prescription is different enough that I need new glasses. They should be ready soon, but until then, I am avoiding driving and avoiding reading things for the most part. So I'm not sure why I chose to blog tonight? Hopefully there aren't too many grammatical errors. Anyway, as for the dizziness, I've been to the doctor and had blood work done and everything looks fine. I'm just really dizzy most of the time. And going blind :) But life goes on and we'll just hope this is a passing craze.

Ok, well that's about all I have to say for now. Hopefully I will get around to posting about my kiddos soon...life is far from boring with those two :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow it sounds like you've been busy! I'm glad you've been able to get some projects done! I hope your eyesight gets better! I'm so excited I'm the first one to leave a comment-I think I'm probably the coolest person ever!

BusyMama said...

I feel your pain in the vision department. I had to drive at night a few times before getting my new contacts and I seriously considered pulling over and waiting for someone to pick me up, it was that scary. And let's hope the new glasses help with the dizziness. I hope you guys had a fun weekend, can't wait to hear about it!